Order of the Black Skulls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Order of the Black Skulls

Order of the Black Skulls is a society for the MMORPG called Pirates of the Burning Sea.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some intresting tips i found!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rich Stone
Brother of the Order

Male Number of posts : 26
Economic Focus : All things Wood
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Some intresting tips i found! Empty
PostSubject: Some intresting tips i found!   Some intresting tips i found! Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2008, 14:32

Found some good tips on burningsea.com, some i knew already others i didnt:

Quote :
Allright, one of my favourite Tips & Tricks Threads is "Things i wish i would have known earlier".

It's all about small and nice things you normally don't know from the start, (Not mentioned in tutorials, not obviously, not too simpel) but are fairly helpful.

Feel free to post your own findings, i'll try to keep the thread updated

1. The ^ key toggles the firing arcs and wind indicator (standard keybindings)

2. When you click on the border of your minimap, a "small pointing hand" will appear and the ship will automatically turn to get in line with the direction of the "small pointing hand" on the border.

3. While the description says stoneshot is awfull, it is a nice hybrid ammo, try it out.

4. With CTRL-left click you can set athings to autofire on your hotbar. You could e.g. drag Fire the cannons and Boarding to your hotbar and let them automatically trigger if they are avaible.

5. Need more smelling salts ? A twink leveled up to lvl 5 will have about 35 of them.

6. The position in the opensea combat instance is relative to the position the ships had on the open sea before engaging. The wind direction is copied as well.

7. You can shoot at a ship without selecting it as target, simply right klick a ship you're capable of firing at. (Ideal if you have one ship targeted the one side, autofire enabled fire with right-clicks on ships on the other side).

8. Boarded ships allways leave a derelict, so boarding will yield you more ships to salvage. But : Ships with "Minor", "Fallback" or "Mission" can't be salvaged, sink them right away!

9. The Auctionhouse in potbs is different, it's a blind bid system. You should allways check the partial order option and try to buy a bit lower then the average listed price. An excellent guide on that topic by bonham can be found here (http://burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46)

10. You can use older ships (no more used) as storage or to port around. Just talk to the harbourmaster and you can drag&drop into/from the ships storage. Select a ship in a different port and switch to be teleported there. Remember all your personal equipment (Buildingsdeeds) ports with you as well.

11. As a pirate, be careful when you use a ship that is for a single class only (like Freetrader Cargo ships). The invalid ship tag means : You can be attacked PvP because the ship is invalid for you!

12. When your ship is sunk, unsecured cargo is lost. You get free warehouses in some of the ports. you should store your unsecured loot there every now and then.

Secured Cargo : Ammo (Crates are NOT secured, unpack them if you don't plan to sell them), general outfittings, your personal inventory, consumable repairs.

13. Pirates can't capture Ships higher their own level.

14. Theres a lvl 15 skill on the general trainer : "diplomacy" allows you to read what other nations say in Area chat. Important : Don't use area chat for critical informations like fleet strength - they can read it with diplomacy.

15. You can zoom the minimap with the mouse wheel, but you'll have to place the mousepointer in the center while doing so.

16. Private tell format is rather weird, so i'll put it in my list too : "/tell firstname lastname, Text" Don't miss on the "," since it tells the game, where the name stops (Antonio de la Sol,)

17. Marks of Victory (PvP Rewardvoucher) can be farmed PvE by doing the missions from the rebelagent or garnision commander.

18. [Hans] At level 12 your fallback halifax or La Belle gets automatically replaced by a better fallback ship for free. Well, only if you don't own any other ships.

19. [Hans] The economy tutorial gives a nice reward for completing it, a ship deed for a Chase Marie, which you can use or you can sell to the junk dealer for 3000 dabloons.

20. [toehorse] There are advanced versions of the focus skills sailing, gunnery, and manuevering sold on the general trainer for 1 captain point. These skills provide larger bonuses and penalties than the ones you start with.

21. [NefariousCoal] When you are sunk, it subtracts 1 from your ship's Durability rating. When you are out of Durability, it is gone. You can increase the durability rating of your ship by dragging & dropping another deed of the same ship type onto your ship at the Harbor Master (while you still have at least 1 Dura left).

22. [CutlassJack] Clicking on someones name thats spoken in the Chat window automatically sets up a private tell without having to type their name out correctly.

23. [CutlassJack] To reply to a tell, simply hit the 'Backspace' key and it fills in the information for you.

More to come as time comes
Back to top Go down
JT Aurorius
Leader of the Order

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting tips i found!   Some intresting tips i found! Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2008, 14:38

NICE!
Back to top Go down
Jur Grady
Brother of the Order

Male Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting tips i found!   Some intresting tips i found! Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2008, 15:00

very nice indeed
Back to top Go down
BiggGunz/Benecio Del'Toro
Leader of the Order

Male Number of posts : 50
Economic Focus : Good

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting tips i found!   Some intresting tips i found! Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2008, 18:16

JUR is our minister of information and intel on the high seas lol.
Back to top Go down
Jur Grady
Brother of the Order

Male Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting tips i found!   Some intresting tips i found! Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2008, 02:41

This one is one Stones found, not me Wink
Back to top Go down
Leader of the Order

Male Number of posts : 50
Economic Focus : Good

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting tips i found!   Some intresting tips i found! Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2008, 19:09

My bad Sones good find dude lol. OOPS lol dont kill me lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some intresting tips i found!   Some intresting tips i found! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some intresting tips i found!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Order of the Black Skulls :: The Docks :: Tavern-
Jump to: